Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thanks anonymous guy

I made it to 40 miles! All because of a guy on the track. I ran about 3 1/2 miles before finally going over to the track. I was going pretty slow and almost had started to walk. I entered the track thinking I would do a lap to see my pace and head back home. When a guy came up on the inside lane (I was in lane 2) I figure he would pass me but we stayed together for a lap then we came up to a walker in lane 2 . He sped ahead so i could duck in and then slowed up again so i could get even with him. This is when I realized this guy wants to run with me. I was pretty happy since A. I am 21 week prego and B he was young , early twenties , hottie. ( sorry Marc but I am having your second kid what more do you want) so we ran 2 1/2 miles on the track at under a 8 minute pace . NOt a word was spoken both listening to headphones . At the end he stopped a lap earlier and when I came around again I thanked him for his help and he thanked me. This rarely happens to me where I find someone that just wants to pace with me not chat or race just run it was great and made me feel good. Especially because I have been feeling really unattractive lately. Not like this guy was asking me out but he was not embarrassed to run with me so it felt nice.