Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the roller coaster continues

I went today to the doctor. He did an internal ultrasound . I told him i was going to look away until he told me to look. He said he saw a yolk sac and that was good. He looked and looked and looked for the heartbeat. I was measuring at 7 weeks. He could not find one but was optimisic. So now I wait another 8 days , next thursday for another ultrasound. I am exhausted. It has been 2 weeks since i had the positive test. With Rory we saw the heartbeat at 5 1/2 weeks. Also I feel like I should be at 9 weeks. If I am going by my LMP which was Dec 21st. I know I am breastfeeding so that might throw it off. And I have only had 3 periods since giving birth in Dec 06 (sorry boys who read my blog). I was ready today for any news. i was braced. I even went by myself because I felt i could handle the news better on my own if it was bad. Not knowing is the worst part.