Thursday, July 10, 2008

Maine

Well we are wrapping up our 2 week vacation in Maine. I love it here. The weather has been great. And Rory has been amazing . She really has handled everything well. Not having electricity, the ruggage terrain , ect.


She is able to escape out of her pack - n- play. Where does she get the upper body strength ??! We had it out on the screened in porch for naps and I was laying in the hammock on the other side of the house. Somehow she crawled out opened the screened in porch walked down a flight of steps on the outside of the house around the front and all of a sudden I hear gravel footsteps (did i mention she was only wearing a diaper) and says "Hi Mama!" So now we have her taking naps in a tent that we zip up with her matteress in there.

Another highlight was a 10k in Stonington, Maine on July 4th . It was hilly but really cool weather and I was back and forth with the winner of my age group. She was a local and knew where the finish was so she got me in the end. Also hard to sprint these days . I finished with a 48:15 and Marc finished with the stroller in 44 minutes flat. We were both pretty happy . I wore my Mama for Obama shirt and got lots of laughs.

I am about to enter my last trimester and I can't wait. I hope that when we get back to NYC the contruction they were doing below us is done. They promised it would be but they promise a lot of things and normally it doesnt happen. So that is about it . We miss all our NYC friends and I look forward to seeing Astoria Park moms and dads.