Friday, August 01, 2008

Things are looking up.

You know it has been a rough couple of weeks. But this morning I received an email from an ex that made me feel great. Even though I am pretty sure it was not his intention. I have copy and pasted it below for you all to evaluate. I deleted his name (although all you GL people will know who he is) and I doubt he will look at this blog again becasue he seems pretty busy. :)

Hey,

If you look at the "time sent" stamp on this you'll see it about 2:30am. I'm up late because I got back from the Sheryl Crow concert late and decided to check my email before I went to bed. For some strange reason, I googled you and finally found your blog. Looks like you have had quite a busy, and sometimes difficult couple of years. I'm only writing because as I read your blog, I realized just how different our lives are now. I am still very busy with the property, I 'm in the second year of my corn crop, 720,000 corn plants this year. Not to mention an extensive garden with a multitude of different veggies and flowers. Very satisfying. Most of Wednesday was spent on the boat, Today was the track and the Sheryl Crow concert, tomorrow is the Police with Elvis Costello, Sat. is the annual Yacht Club Town Hall Meeting, Sunday I'll be in Cooperstown for a special gift for Dave, etc. You get the idea. My days are filled with fun, or hard work, or relaxation, or whatever I choose for myself when I get up. I am happy and content, and Lindsay is a wonderful gift. The wedding is only about 5 weeks away, and we will be in Maui for 2 weeks after. We travel often, only because of the wedding did we slow down at all, but it will still be about 4 vacations this year. (Just shorter) We'll be going to Burlington VT (where I was born), for the first time since I left 50 years ago, for my birthday on the 15th.
The entire point of this email is that I just wanted to tell you that despite all the difficulty that I encountered after our breakup, I really believe (especially after reading your blog) that the right decision was made. I really believe that all the work, and strife, and difficulty you encounter raising a child (soon to be 2), despite all the rewards, would have ever been something that I could deal with on a daily basis. Lindsay and I have extremely fulfilling and exciting lives. We love each other deeply, and we our constantly doing both big and little things to surprise each other. Her family is great, and since there are a few nieces and nephews, not to mention Dave's son, I can get my fix of kids when I need, without all the other stuff. Love EX



Anyway what this made me realize is that I am really happy and lucky to be where I am today.