Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bring on the advice

To the Brittany Spears tune:

Oops I did it again
I ramped up my mileage
I did it to fast
Oh baby
Now I am injured
it is my hamstring
What should I do ?
I am so depressed

Ever since the half my hamstring have felt tight. I got a massage and was still able to run and bike. Last night however during our track work out I knew something was seriously wrong. I could not run fast . I was hoping to do all 4 miles in or around 6 minute pace . I have been feeling stronger. But as I tried to lengthen my stride and lift my legs I felt pain in the back of my thigh. Depressed I trotted home and went immediately to the internet. Not a tear but most definitely a strain or pull? Anyway I am stretching it ... Icing it. I still plan on doing the stationary bike at the gym tonight. I am lucky in that I have only been injured twice in my 20 years of running (first 5k age 10 24:32) . Once the IT band in college and once before the Philly marathon in ought 4 some tissue damage in the knee. So this is new . So please pour on the advice. Thank you